Hello, I would like to know something more about naturopathy. All my friends are talking about it and I don’t know a single thing. What does this type of medicine treat? What are they all excited about? As far as I know, medicine is all about drugs and injections, so what’s the big deal?

Well, the big deal about naturopathic medicine is that it has an entirely different approach to patient treatment. Naturopathy doctors combine natural substances and less traumatic methods to diagnose and treat illness. They try to heal by assisting body’s self-healing process. They are talking to patients and trying to make them more self-conscious and more responsible for their health. In my opinion, the biggest advantage of naturopathic medicine is that it tries to treat the cause of illness, unlike western medicine that always treats the symptoms.