I have questions about homeopathy what is it and how it works. My wife lately has some health problems regarding frequent respiratory inflammation and she is one of those who believe in alternative medicines such as acupuncture and homeopathy. She went yesterday on her first appointment with homeopathy practitioner and has stayed there for quite some time and now she is so excited to try to help herself with homeopathy. I don't know anything about homeopathy so would like to hear some info. Thanks!

I personally am on homeopathy treatment for years now whenever I have some health problems for I am convinced it is far better and less toxic than using regular medications. I use homeopathy treatment even when my 7 year old kid got seek. Anyway homeopathy is an alternative medicine that dates from I think 18 century or so but the main thing here is that it is based in remedies that comes from the nature-plants, herbs and so on and those remedies are so diluted that are free of any molecules that belongs to the original substance. And this dilution is formed by few steps consists of adding water or alcohol and shaking them until the right level of dilution is achieved. So homeopathy remedies might be herbs, plant, minerals or it may also derived from animals and are made in form of liquid, tablets or pallet. I don't think you should be worry the important is that your wife has found a good and licensed homeopathy practitioner.

Homeopathy is a system of medicine that treats diseased individuals on the basis of using medicinal substances capable of producing similar changes in the health of a person as that of the diseased person. The term Homoeopathy is derived from the Greek words - homoios, meaning similar, and pathos, mean suffering. Definition of homoeopathy is - The sciences that are based on the principle - like cures like. Dr. Samuel Hahnemann, the founder of homeopathy, himself an allopathic doctor (M.D.)first described the word.

It works by stimulating the body's own healing power. This stimulus assists your system in clearing itself of any expressions of imbalance. The homoeopath gives you a medicine or remedy which matches your symptoms as you experience them, and which takes into account you as a person - your individual characteristics emotionally as well as physically.