I hang out at an online forum specifically for Natural Living, and I have learn an awful lot from the ladies on there, though I have to say that some of the things they do are "way out there". Many see naturopaths only for treatment, and while I am sure there is a time and place for modern medicine, I think naturopathy is also very fascinating. Can anyone tell me more about naturopathy as a way to a new and healthier lifestyle?

Unlike traditional Asian medicine, naturopathy is relatively new to this world - it comes fro, the so called Nature Cure movement of Europe, which was created in Europe (hence the name :-)) in the 1800s. I do believe the holistic approach associated with naturopathy is more healthy than the knife-happy practices of doctors in the US today, but the problem is that naturopathic practices are often un- or under-regulated, resulting in malpractice and dangerous practice a lot of the time. Make no mistake about it - herbs do work. And when in the hands of people who don't know what they are doing, they can be very dangerous. So if you do choose to see a naturopath, please do all that you can to make sure they are bona fide.