Hello. I'm 35 year old female and about two months ago I have started to feel some strange symptoms. I started to gain weight abnormally and to feel almost constant fatigue.
When I contacted my doctor over this, he did some blood tests and determined that I have low level of thyroid hormones. He told me this could be very serious problem and that I should start with thyroid hormones supplements therapy. To be honest with you, I'm a bit afraid of this hormonal therapy and that’s why I would like to find out are there any herbal supplements for thyroid medications?
Thanks!

Hi. Your doctor told you right. This hypothyroidism could become very complicated and serious if not treated properly and in time.
Many people are scared of any hormonal therapy because they believe something terrible will happen.
There are almost no side effects of using these supplements and that’s why you should trust your doctor.
I must tell you that there are no herbs that have thyroid hormone in them. But there are some other things you could do and they are connected with herbs.
There are herbal, lifestyle, and dietary choices that you can do to help your whole body, which indirectly will help the thyroid.

I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and began drinking HIMALAYAN Goji Juice. The next month my test results were normal. I had energy and felt good. The true Goji juice is the Himalayian brand. It goes through a seven step process and is great tasting. A bottle can last a month. buy on line for true product.

Hi I've had a thyroidectomy nearly 10 years ago now and i was wondering are there certain vitamins you cant take?

Hi, I'm a health practitioner and you should know that thyroid hormone is derived from 4 parts iodine and one part tyrosine. Supplementing with colloidal iodine is safe and has a flow on effect for other health issues. Most thyroid issues are related to lack of iodine in our soils, foods diets etc.
Try not to use iodine other than "atomic" or colloidal (known as Energ-Iodiine) as the potassium iodides and other forms are not as effective .
Remarkable results occur from supplementation. Iodine is a natural surveilance mechanism for cell abnormalities (eg Cancer) and can trigger apoptosis( cell death). Quite good research but you won't hear it from a medical source due to money and politics of disease. Regards Steve

For curing thyroid, the natural supplements are more essential for the patients. These provide them with all essentials in their body. You can also use as a natural supplement and than cure with your Thyroid disease. This is best used for all patients.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

I was diagnosed with Graves Disease and it was attacking my mind and body. My memory began to diminished, hair fell out, hormones erratic, and blood pressure and cholesterol were out of control. A good friend talked to me about Antioxidant Beverage called Levive.... My life has made a remarkable turnaround while taking the Nutritional products. The Levive has in Acai Berry, Gogi, Noni, Pomegranted and Mangosteen. I stand before you a testament. My memory is restored. I was taken off my high blood pressure and cholesteroal medication with the lowest dose of Thyroid medication. I am more healthy. I feel good, I look good, and I am good. check it out...it will change your life - all natural berries..... ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

Find a good naturopath.......and get a desiccated form of thyroid rather than Synthroid or Levothroid. My husband is hypothyroid and takes Naturethroid and says he feels better than ever. Now this is thyroid medication, but it is desiccated pig thyroid (which normally we wouldn't ingest any pig product, however, his Naturopath explained that it is superior to synthetic, mainstream meds in that it treats ALL the thyroid elements rather than just T3 and T4 or just T4. Makes sense that if you're low in two thyroid markers, you'd be compromised in the others as well. As a nurse, I appreciate this as well as all the toxic effects from mainstream medicine.....know others on those meds who are continually having issues.)
I'm sitting on the fence for hypothyroidism myself and my nurse practitioner (who works in the same medical clinic as my husbands naturopath started me on "Adrenal Support", 5-htp for mood and sleep, L-theanine for sleep, B-complex and trifolic iron. Began feeling better then got pregnant so had to go off most of it until pregnancy is done. Just read some great things on NingXia Red from an INDEPENDENT source and I'm ready to go buy some right now. Safe to take during pregnancy and looks so promising for hypothyroidism. Also plan to try some essential oils as well..... Hope that helps.

I had my thyroid removed. I lost my insurance when I got divorced. My doctors have dropped me and I am having great difficulty getting into a health program. I am unemployed and partially disabled due to an accident that severed my foot that had to be sewed back on. Due to this misfortune I am having to reeducate for a different career path. I had always had physical jobs. My question is: is there a holistic alternative to prescribed hormones, that I can get without a prescription.

What is the cost of it & kindly let me know the seven steps.