Today I went to naturopath for the first time. He prescribed me an herbal mixture and suggested some changes in my everyday schedule. I though that naturopathy is only about herbs but now I see that there is more than that. Can someone tell me, what else does a naturopathy include?

Naturopathy is much more than just herbs. It has various modalities which may include various interventions. Changes in our habits are just one thing. Naturopath decides which interventions are the most adequate for us. That is the most important thing in naturopathy. Some remedies that are suitable for one person are not suitable for someone else, even if they have the same medical problem. Besides herbal remedies, naturopathy includes: changes in nutrition, acupuncture, meditation, physical and mental exercises etc.

Holistic approach in naturopathy means that body and soul are in harmony and when a problem occurs, both should be cured. That's the principle naturopathy respects and that is why it uses some unusual treatments like meditation. Most of the time, natural therapists combine herbal remedies with some of the other interventions that are accepted by naturopath's association.