Please help! My girlfriend has gone crazy! Every couple of weeks she starts on a new crusade. First she studied yoga, than it was naturopathy and now raiki. With the firs two I had no issues, I was happy to meditate, drink very funny tasting teas, but now she has gone too far. What is this raiki all about? Is it a religion, a branch of medicine or something else?

The raiki, also known as reiki is a Japanese form of spiritual healing. Reiki practitioners use reiki energy to obtain general wellbeing and to heal. It is generally used for relaxation and stress relief, but some say that it can also be used to cure illness. This spiritually guided life force energy is channeled through the practitioner onto the receiver. The raiki masters say that raiki is not a religion. They say that you needn't believe in it in order to feel the benefits of a reiki treatment. But they also say that the life force energy that they are channeling comes from God, so I guess that there is some contradictory to their words. Now that you have few basic ideas about reiki concept of healing you should talk to your girlfriend and try to understand why she is so excited about reiki.