Hello! I need some info about blood clots in the lungs? It happened yesterday when my sis was informed in the hospital she has blood clots in the lungs and this all happened actually during her flight. Anyway I wonder now these blood clots in the lungs-does that mean she had a heart attack and if not what are these blood clots in her lungs related?

Blood clots in the lungs are actually pulmonary embolism and it is good she ended up in the hospital for usually the blood clots in the lungs are fatal and it is not unusual it happens during flight. It is probably that your sis has these blood clots somewhere in her veins of her legs or arms that during the flight ended up in her lungs causing a serious condition that needs to be treated immediately. And the causes of blood clots in lungs are of different origin such as-smoking, being overweight and inactive, pregnancy or even taking birth control pills who know. Anyway since she is now resting at the hospital that is where the proper cause of the blood clots in her lungs would be determined and therefore the proper treatment also.