When I get sick and vomit, almost immediately afterward I get tiny, red blotches all over my face. They kinda look like my blood vessles broke. They usually stay for a day or too. I just want to know why this happens and if it's bad.

This is normal and nothing to worry about. I get the little red spots when ever I vomit. I usually get it on my eyelids, however, I currently have a stomach bug and have been vomitting regularly. My face is now covered in them i.e. on my chin down the side of my face an on my eyelids. It happens when you are sick because of the pressure your body is experiencing. Basically they are broken blood vessels. They take anything from 1-3 days to go away. If I'm better tomorrow I may have to wear make up for the day as I doubt they will clear up by then.

question??? why does this occur my grandchild is 9 and this has just

started to happen lately.

I have this too. Mine have stayed for over 2 days now. IS there a way to speed up the recovery?

i didnt realise this happened 2 anyone else! i get it all over my face and neck. i find moisturiser works - keeps the imflamation down.

I also get this and it typically lasted only a few days...more recently, it has remained (for months).

I get exactly the same thing! My face get's hot sometimes when it happens, at first i thought it was alcohol poisoning, but i actually found out that i am allergic to alcohol as i don't drink regularly & had one glass of wine which led to being violently sick. My doctor told me that whenever i vomit the blood vessels in my face can't take the pressure from all the blood rushing to my head resulting in a breakout of freckly like spots for a couple of days. Sometimes i get the freckly spots on the skin under my bra strap as well. It's really annoying when i'm sick & my head feels a bit fuzzy the shorty afterwards, but there's no creams or beauty solutions out there Aloe Vera & cold water splashed on my face, usually speeds up the healing process. Hope this helps anyone.

Wow, I thought there was something wrong with me. I've noticed I get really blotchy after I really throw up, which only happens when I'm sick. Last time I went to the doctor, she said it was parvovirus or something because she thought I had a rash, but the results came back negative. Turns out it was just my face being all red and blotchy cos of throwing up. It's a real pain because my skin is quite dark and it takes a few days, maybe a week to disappear and so I wind up wearing makeup all the time, but when I do that, I just look like I've been sunburnt. Oh well. Any ideas on what could help clear it up quicker?

It is so nice to find other people with the same problem! I thought mine also was alcohol poisioning but it's not. The first time I had it, it took about two weeks to completly clear up. I went to my doctor who gave me a steriod shot to clear it up but it didn't do much. My face was really hot at the time and it made me miserable. i took some benedryl which helped relieve the hotness and also some tylenol. It does go away and is rather annoying. It had never happened to me before until last year... I find it odd that I'm 23 and just now experiencing this. I hope that a dermatologist may be able to help me figure out a quick fix for this. By the way, the BEST make-up I have found to cover it up is called Bare Essentuals. You can't even tell that I have a problem on my face.

:'( I had gastro yesterday,when I looked in the mirror this morning , I saw this terrible beetroot coloured rash all over my face,I went to the Doctor and she told me the same as I read on the net, about the blood vessels,after stain and that it would be gone in 2 to 3 days Thank god.

As to why it happens, I'm not a doctor but i do belive it's is rather obvious.

When you thowup or gag all the blood rushes to your head/face. That's why you feel dizzy. Anyway. The tiny capillaries in your face can't take that kind of pressure and it cause them to break. It's the same concept of a bruise or a hickey.

Also when you vomit violently and you thowup blood, it's because of a broken capillary in your esophagus. Same concept.

Capillaries are the thinnest kind of blood vessel and they brake easily.

Hope this helps

Cheers guys

I am 40 and this started happening when I was 2 or 3 yrs old (just a few around my eyes), but in the last 2 yrs., it has really changed, now I get swollen black eyes immedietly, and the blood vessels are purple, they start on my chest, up my neck cover my face (especially my eye area) up my forhead, cover my scalp and go down the back of my neck and shoulders. There is NO covering this w/make up. I don't really drink, maybe 1 margarita a month. I don't get sick from that.

yeah wow.. i am so happy because last night i was eating peanuts which im not allergic too... then i got really drunk and puked and my friends were all like ur breaking out! u must be allergic to peanuts... and when i think about everything could have a trace of peanuts... so that would have suck... but anyway.. all these answers really help and now i know to wait a couple days and it will go away... thanks!

Hi, I suffer from bipolar disorder and have been taking a mood stabilising medication that as a side effect has lowered the amount of platelets I have in my blood. Anyway, I woke up this morning feeling sick and threw up everywhere (probably another side effect,) and after doing so broke out in the same kind spots you're all talking about. Having associated this problem with a lack of platelets and therefore Iron in my bloodstream my doctor today recommended going to the chemist (not the supermarket,) and buying some behind the counter (but not prescription,) Iron supplement tablets (not multivitamin+Iron), advising me that this would help ensure that this problem does not re-occur.

I'm 26 and have been a party animal all my life (puking regularly!) and haven't had this problem until taking this sort of medication, which kinda infers to me that it must be at least partially to do with a lower than normal amount of iron in my blood stream. Perhaps the same is true for you guys? If not, taking Iron supplements isn't going to do you any harm anyway so you might as well give it a go! Also, I hear that the most important nutrients required to strengthen blood vessles are Vitamin C & copper.

Hope this helps!

Yeah, it just happened to me yesterday, it usually happens...now my face is COVERED in red blotches.

Everyone thinks I"m allergic to something.