Hello. I'm 19 year old female and I was hopping that someone could help with this simple problem. You see, about a week ago I have developed some food poisoning from eating some shellfishes and it was really serious. I was in bad, suffering from strong abdominal pains and vomited several times in those days.
Now- I have no problems with my stomach. Anyway, since then I have these little red spots all over my face that definitely aren’t pimples. They go from my forehead to my chin and cheek to cheek.
I have never seen anything like this and I would like to do something about this. Has anyone had any experience with this? What should I do?

I think I know what skin problems you have developed and I will tell you everything I know about it. If they are flat red-purple pin-head like dots, then they sound like petechiae. Petechiae is a Latin term which means flea bites, because they are so small that they look like flea bites. In fact there have nothing to do with fleas what so ever.
These red dots are in fact tiny broken blood vessels. They can occur when the pressure is increased in blood vessels in the face, because of forceful coughing or vomiting.
They can be also a sign of some serious thins such as meningitis but in your case, because you have already reported vomiting, I wouldn’t worry at all. Petechiae will go away in a few days, with no long term effects.

I have similar red dots in the area around my eyes, however, they appeared after I worked out. If these Petechiae arise from broken blood vessel in my head, could the cause be because the day they appeared, I executed workouts that involved blood rushing to my head due to reversals of my body?

if they spread, it is a food allergy.
had that one week where i had these red dots spreading everywhere....hands...arms..feet
chest..theyd come and go...

simple anti biotic and something else did the trick

yeah i have the same problem after benching last night i had these red dots all over my eyes for the first time. I thought it was psn ivy but then asked my roomate who says he gets them when hes really drunk and vomits, and did some research online. It is just caused by tiny popped vessels in the face after strain just like you said and I remember on some of my lifts my face was really red, im just glad they go away in a couple of days cause they look really bad.

i have a red mark between my legs and its really disgusting what can i do and what is it

i have this red dot neer my lip and it s like flat n red kinda purple and i wnted to know if u knew what it was???

Ive got little (tiny) dots all over my face, they aren't noticeable unless in the light its on my ears too...looks and feels gross

i actually just noticed that i have a red dot on the tip of my nose. I dunno what it is, its def not a pimple and its weird. I have had a red dot on the top of my hand for about 4 years, and i just thought i pinched it, but now i have one on my nose and i know for sure i didnt pinch my nose..Anyone here know or have had a red dot like this on ur body? I'd rather ask people b4 i pay an arm and leg to go to the doctors! Thanks.

I have tiny red dots on my nose as well. It was only about 3 of them, and they went away after a couple of days. They were definitly not pimples, but I have not been over-exerting myself nearly to the point that I would pop a blod vessel. I guess it could be caused by stress. I have been about 100X more stressed the last couple weeks than before. It really creeped me out though.

I was out with my friends drinking a lot . I got so drunk that i started vomiting a lot... i remember feelling a lot of pressure in my head when i was vomiting. could this be the cause>?

thanks.
me.

Man, I was googling "red dot on face" and found this thread! I get these too ... starts as a red splotch and then after a couple of days, it looks like a pimple but it's not. It can stay for weeks or years. I have one on my arm, one close to an ear, and now one right below my EYE that I can't hide!! I keep putting hot towels on it, but that does nothing since it's not a pimple. It's driving me nuts not to know what it is ... no spidery veins surrounding it and I have never had acne.

I sometimes get a rash with specifically three red dots that form a triangle. They itch a lot and last for about a day.
I'm unsure of what it is but because it itches a lot, I assumed it's a flea bite.
Why always and only 3 dots forming a triangle?

hey i had quite alot to drink last nyt and a puked up .. the nex morning i woke up and realized i had tiny red dots on my forehead and my cheeks ... do u fink its cuz of the blood trying to escape because of the pleasure of vomit

i have on on the side of my hand and its been there for like years....how do i get rid of it?