I have been diagnosed with Seborreheic Dermatitis of the scalp, ears and eyelids. I was under this impression for the last 7 months but no doctor had agreed until yesterday. Unfortunately he has prescribed me some cortizone treatment for my face and one for my scalp. I am not happy about it but I will do it for a short time. The only thing that disturbes me is the fact that along the bottom of my face is very dry..except under my chin. Isn't sebborheic dermatitis supposed to be from oily skin? I dont have and have never had oily skin. I have been tested for every allergy and have nothing. My derm seems to think I have a contact allergy on my face. Does anyone think this is all related to Seb Derm? This is what I would like to believe. I cant take this not knowin anymore.

Start taking 1000mg of Black Currant Seed oil each day. Very good for skin issues.

GA

I have had swollen red eyelids since Sept. 2006. I also get red blotches on my face that sometimes spreads to my neck. My face is also very dry. I went to an allergist who doesn't know what this is. He gave me some cream for the swelling which does help but I never know from day to day what I will look like when I wake up. I would like to get to the bottom of this. Anyone have similar symtoms?

I have the same problem. I have swollen red eyes, that get extremely dry. They itch so bad and usually they are so swollen its hard for me to see. Its awful to deal with. Doctors dont know what to do. It will go away for 2-3 days, but then it will come right back.

Few years ago doctor told me I have Seborreheic Dermatitis. It presented it self in my hair like a dandruff but during winter it would pass to my nose and face. It looked like dry skin and sometimes it would be really red. After few years of changing shampoos and creams I finally found one shampoo that helps me. It's called Oronazol and its basis is Ketoconazole. There is also a cream that I didn't yet try because if I have my hair under control everything seems to be fine on my face. I usually buy it every few month and complete a treatment or two and it seems to work ok for me.

Maybe something like this can help you too.

I had swollen eyes for 8 months on and off. I went back and forth between a dermatologist and allergist. I went to a rheumatologist and I was finally diagnosed with Angioedema. Might want to ask your doctor about it.

Ok so for some time my face and neck have been so itchy! I don't have any dry patched bus it wont stop itching. The skin around my eyes itches as well and sometimes I go to sleep and when I wake up the bottom of my eye and eye lids are red and swollen. So swollen and red that the contrast between the red and my black of my eye lashes makes my eye lashes look really black. I ruled out any allergies to Proactiv because I used it before and am currently using it now but I never was a problem before. I've always used the same makeup and soap. We've never changed detergents. I can't think of anything!

lt always happened to me and I finally got lucky and figured out I was allergic to CARMINE a red dye in foods like strawberry yogurts, immitation crabmeats and Tropicana Pink Grapefruit juice. Usually last ingredient listed. It is crushed insect eggs called Cochineal. It is in purple, pink and blue eyeshadows as well.

I also have seborrheic dermatitis on top of it. The older I get the more things that start to go wrong. I was always allergic to pink/blue eyeshadows but never the Carmine in foods until I got my gallbladder removed.

I have been dealing with similar issues for 4-5 years. Red, swollen face, neck, ears, uncontrollable itch at night and constant rubbing during the day. I have been to a dermatologist, allergist, endocrinologist, and rheumatologist. Most are stumped and give me very little hope until last week. My allergist, who is keeping my hope alive, took a swab of an area at the base of my hairline on the back of my neck to test my staph levels. He explained that everyone has staph on their skin but if your levels are too high, the bacteria releases toxins which irritate your skin. My test came back positive and he ordered a 10 days of Keflex followed by Bactroban ointment applied to the inside of the nose. He explained that staph colonizes in the nose so this keeps levels down. So far so good. I had a rash that moved from my face and neck down my arms, body, to my knees thie last time I saw him. I have been clear for 10 days which is unheard of for me and I have no signs of relapse at this point. I also take claritin during the day and Atarax at night to prevent itching. I hope that this can be helpful to at least one person out there. I have struggled for answers and many doctors have put me in tears when they say they can't help me. It's hard to believe that it could be as simple as a Staph problem and no one thought to put it into their differential diagnosis.

ok so i have been suffering for the same type of stuff for the past two years....ive looked online, forums, etc etc and i have not found one reliable source of good information for my problem....

i am a male in the 20's and i have had eczema all my life...also i have allergies and asthma.....

so to sum it up...i have had very itchy eyes and eyelids...to the point that i would wake up some days and it would be extremely red...i also had dry, blotchy, red skin on my face...and needed to put lotion on several times a day to only temporarily hydrate the dry skin...but it never lasted....

so i finally went to a derm (i dont have much confidence in doctors...) but did what he told me and today is the first day in the past several years that i have not needed to put lotion on my eyes and face after a shower...it is such a relief!!

so this is exactly what i have been doing since about a week ago...and it is already working...i know it might sound simple but trust me it works!

1) when using shampoo, do not let the shampoo wash down your face...tilt your head back and wash it back so it doesnt roll down your face
2) use a waterless face wash outside of the shower...i forgot the exact one im using but i will come back later today and edit this post with the exact name....it rubs on and wipes off with a towel...it not only cleans but moisturizes too
3) start using an electric shaver...the shaving cream and standard razor are horrible for the skin
4) get a lotion based corticosteroid cream, this definitly helps speed up the process, again i forgot the name but ill come back later today and post it
5) get Hydroxyzine, a prescription first generation antihistamine...it helps stop itching so u dont scratch ur face or rub eyes during sleep...i think this was huge in helping my problem

hope this helps, i know how frustrating this problem can be...ill com eback alter and post the names of the face wash and lotion, good luck!

he also adviced that i do not use protein isolate made from whey, this can irritate skin too but i think this has to do more with acne, which has also improved by the way :-)

the waterless face wash is called aquanil cleanser...and the prescription face lotion is called desonide...

if this works for you...spread the word so people dont have to wait as long to feel better!

I have terribly uncomfortable itchy, dry, tight red eyelids and after dealing with this for a year and a half, and trying everything, a friend just mentioned that it might be Candida. Thought I would share. Symptoms match up.

I recently contracted this problem 4 months ago. I have gone over 1000 times in my head asking myself what has changed in my life to cause this to happen to me. Four doctors have now not been able to help me so far. I am wondering if any of you have had any tooth problems when this started? I just wokeup in the middle of the night with uncontrollable itching of my eyelids and scalp and realized this all started back when I had a temp crown then perminant tooth crown put on. The tooth in question has also been very very sensative since. I know it sounds like a long shot but I'm running out of options. I may have the tooth pulled just to see if it helps my eyelids. I wonder if it could be an allergic reaction to the glue used in the crown, or to hold it on.

again

Tooth crowns related to this eyelid eczema problem we are all getting?

Never mind about the crown glue cement thing. After much research to find exact dates I have found that my eye problem started just before I got my crown.