Hi, I am twenty years old girl and I have a problem. Around my nose some red marks are appearing. A friend of mine told me that I have broken blood vessels. It freaked me out. I have no idea what that means but it sounds serious. Can you tell me if I should be worried and what it means to have broken blood vessels in the face?

Hi, broken blood vessels can appear on any part of the body but usually they emerge in the area of the face. Actually, the term broken blood vessels is often misused for description of enlarged blood vessels in the face. Sometimes they are also called spider veins. The condition broken blood vessels in the face is medically known as telangiectasia. Almost always they do not pose any threat to life. The only problem is your appearance since the broken blood vessels are very visible. However, they can be treated. It is done by laser treatment and in this procedure the broken blood vessels in the face are being removed. Therefore you do not need to worry. See a doctor and he will determine your condition and give you an advice on dealing with it.