Book Review - First Marathons by Gail Kislevitz If you like reading stories about runners of ALL ability levels this book is a good one. I really enjoyed it and found it very helpful for getting ready for my first marathon. The stories about people hitting the wall, feeling hungry enough to stop almost anywhere for food, being overcome with joy after finishing and many other interesting experiences really helped me realize that I had to do it for myself to see what it would be like. I liked the book so much I decided to create a web site to allow others to share their marathon stories -- and not just their first marathon -- because every marathon is a story. Check out the book if you're looking for some inspirational marathon stories.

I also just picked this up. I've only read the first 5 or so storys but they are great and inspirational.