which would it be?

A big plus would be a book that focuses on races around the 5K range.

I'd probably get the Quotable Runner. Works for any distance.

I think I still have it at home, and I can ship it to whomever wants it

I've always wanted to get the Daniels Running Formula.

never gotten it, but I'm going to someday.

"Road Racing for Serious Runners" Pfitz and Douglass

"Daniel's Running Formula" would have to be the best from a training perspective. "Best Efforts" by Kenny Moore is the best overall book I've read about running. Although it doesn't give much insight into how to train, just the inspiration you probably help your 5K time more than any training book.

I don't know how many people have ever read this book, but I read Jim Fixx (sp?) book on running prob 15 years ago and thought it was very inspirational and informative.
Has anyone else ever read this book?
Kell

Jack Daniels Running Formula is the best book out there. I believe he just released the 2nd edition. It a book that you will be sure to use as a constant reference.

Mike

Jack Daniel's Running Formula- a nice reference source for runners; has some great workout and racing tips for most distances.

Rob Sleamaker's SERIOUS Training for Serious Athletes- for most endurance athletes including runners & triathletes; good for advice as to how to design your own individualized training plan based on the concept of periodization, also has info on sports physiology pertaining to endurance sports, different types of training, training zones as well as sports nutrition.

The Courage to Start by John Bingham for new and inexperienced runners.

I haven't seen the 2nd edition yet, have you? I'm just wondering how it differs. I've used the Daniels formula for my last 4 marathons and it made all the difference in the world to me.....but I've plateaued and need to do something different and I don't think "mileage" is it. I'm hoping the new edition as some info for Daniels followers like me.