first off thank you for advice everyone . i think i like running. ok so my plan was to do a half marathon with my gf. im not really a runner or anything. i figured lets just sign up for the half and maybe ill practice. i ended up practicing bc i gave myself liek 1 month. i maybe ran like 30 or 36 miles.. something like 2 , 2 ,3, 6 ,4 , 11.5 ,2, 6. miles were my runs. day before race i picked up race packet and stuff and it said i was signed up for full marathon and i figured i would just do 13 and that be it. i only spet like 4 hours that night i dont know why. i planned on doing the half and the splitting point for half and full was at 10 miles. so at 9 i decided i was gonna keep going bc/ i was like at 10 min 30 sec miles and it was pretty easy i guess..well at 14 miles it started to get hard and then i kept going and asked random people while running if i could have some advil bc/ i thought i probably shoudl take it if i was going to run the full. so i did this and i ended up running the full marathon, but really slow at 5 hours. anyways, i ran it on sunday and my legs are still sore. also my knees were sort of bruised but i didnt realize it till like yesterday and today. They seem to be cracking alot. is this anything to be worried about? also i dont stretch before or after. is that ok?(i actually do before for like 30 seconds of everything i can pretty quick) i think i might have glanced somewhere that stretching after marathons is bad or something? i dont know.

I was just sort of wondering if i can run again or what i should do. i did very light jog today and my muscles felt tight in spots. any advice would be great bc/ i think i like running and i want to try to do as many marathons as possible. id like to see if i can possibly do 1 a mmonth and id like to drop my time to 4 hours. thx.

After my first half marathon (which was done on very little training) I was VERY stiff for a week or two. You ran a HUGE distance and would give yourself time to ease back into full on running. I cant give a real answer here though, you just have to listen to what your body says. Start stretching before running and after, then see how you feel.

ya i ended up getting sick. i think im going to have to replenish with vegetables and fruit and eat better immediately after next time. i am finishing my last semester of school and now im fat and out of shape again. im gonna have to do another one very soon. thanks for the reply.

No problem :D

In the beginning my issue (not by any means saying this is yours) was I didnt "respect the distance" as so many say. That ended up taking me away from "real" running for a few weeks and I felt it hurt more than it helped my running.

Hope for all the best for ya!

The emotional response in the 24 hours after the race has been quite interesting. !