Ok it was my first marathon. I enjoyed it more then I thought.
Me and my friend Jeanine were in the same starting corral B which was great. She and I did all our training runs together. We started off at a good pace. Our first 6 miles were about 9:20 s. Then I had to stop to go the bathroom and told her to go ahead so the next 20 miles I was on my own. I didn t really pay attention to my splits after that. My goal was to finish. I would occasional chat it up with people running near me, when I told them it was my first marathon they were all very encouraging, telling me that I was at a good pace and that I would definitely finish in my goal time of 4:30. I took water at every water stop (the only times I walked) and did 5 GU s total. I was amazed at mile 20 how good I felt and couldn t believe that I only had 6 miles left. When I could see the finish line I gave it all the gas I had and picked up the pace a little because I was so excited with the big crowd. 4:32 was my finishing time and I was so happy! I got my Mickey Metal and my picture taken and set out to met the rest of the crew. I was walking in the big parking lot and heard Dancer calling my name. I was so happy to see all my friends. I was holding back the tears.
All in all it was a great day. I didn t feel any pain well I was running and anytime I wanted to stop other then the water stops I kept telling myself that if I stopped, it would only take me longer to finish and I wouldn t walk. My quads where tight after but feel pretty good today. My lower back had a bruised feeling to it but it s pretty much gone now.

Congrats's on finishing your first.

:thumbsup:

:banana: :thumbsup: :cheers: Rock on with your bad self...GREAT JOB!!! :fubby: :banana:

Woohoo! Congratulations on your first. :thumbsup:

Chrissy-you did great!!! I knew you had it in you.

What a great report! Sounds like a perfect first marathon. Now that I think about it, in my book, it sounds like a perfect marathon period. Congrats!!

<-you

Congrats and w00t!

:banana: Congratulations on finishing your first marathon -- awesome report and time! :banana: You really make it sound easy.

um, can I have your training schedule and stamina?
Sounds like you had the perfect race. Be very proud.
See you there next year????

Congrats on a great race, Marathoner!! Love hearing that it felt so good

Wow! Congrats Marathoner!!!! I am so happy for you and what you accomplished at Disney! You went there, ran the entire marathon and ran it well! That's wonderful! Your time in is impressive and all the hard work you did has paid off. What a great report! Do we get to see any of these pictures? I'm dying to see them!!!

Dancer has some pictures. I think she'll be posting them soon.

Did she really use the verbage "no pain" in a marathon report?!

You're one tough lady. I think you found the distance for you :thumbsup:

:cheers:

Great job !

:dance2: congratulations!

i hope running my first marathon turns out like your first one did! 8)