Hi, I have applied botox injection for three times by now, and I was always satisfied with the result, however this time, I don’t look so good as before. What could be the reason? Is my skin not responding any more?

Hi, your skin can not become unresponsive to botox treatment, because it doesn’t effect skin. It is effecting transmission of nerve impulses responsible for muscle contractions. Botox blocks the release of acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter, and the muscle is not contracting. So, no more wrinkles are formed. Some patients describe this effect as being "paralyzed" temporarily. Is the procedure performed in the right way? to the right place where the nerves responsible for innervating facial muscles are located? Perhaps, if you try again it would be more successful and ask the doctor why didn’t it work this time.