I have breastbone/sternum pain after sleep. I am fine all day. I am fine moving. I am fine to work out. It is after I have slept or been in a laying position for long that I sit up and there is a pulling or just a pain. I have no heart or lung problems. In my 20s. I do not work out to where I have pulled it, I am more a walker/runner. Anyone else? A few weeks now.

I get something like that but mine was cut up the middle with a skilsaw and tied back together with piano wire after a heart operation. Whenever I lie in one position for a long time then change position I can feel the wires pulling as my rib cage resumes it's normal position. Most noticeably after I work under my car for a while.

Update to my post in case anyone ever searches for the same problem. It has been three weeks and the pain seems to be going away slowly. It still hurts at times when I wake up and move to a different position or get up. It just hurts a few seconds and then stops. Still do not know why or what but it is going away slowly and becoming less often and less intense. I also had stiff neck and shoulder type pain when this all started. Dont know if all connected but I know I had no injury no accident and is not food or GI related. Its bone or muscle/tendon pain.

Hi There,

did it go eventually as I have exactly the same thing.

I'm 27 & it's the same exact thing! I feel it the most when i just wake up. It hurts a little to even do pushups! What is this?