Hi. I am 47 years old. I suffer from septic arthritis. I have recently experienced breastbone pain. Is it related with breast cancer? What could be the cause of my problem?

Hi. I am not sure about relation between breast cancer and breastbone pain. However, I suffer from septic arthritis as well and I know it can cause breastbone pain. Septic arthritis is an infection in the joint fluid and tissues. Septic arthritis usually affects the wrists or knees. Knee is the most affected joint. Small joints are more likely to become infected and so are joints in the spine or breastbone. Breastbone is also called sternum. I had rheumatoid arthritis at first, but with time I have developed septic arthritis. This infection is a medical emergency. It causes a great damage to your bones. Sternum pain may occur after bypass surgery, or injury of the rib cage.