I woke up one day with a common stiff neck on one side. Couldnt turn head. A painful breastbone (CPR) area. The next morning it was a painful neck still and now shoulder on that side. The stiff neck took several days to go away. The shoulder or base of neck or most upper back area still hurts. It hurts with position and rest, not with activity though. I notice if I lay one way too long both sides or one or the other side of my nevk hurts. Feels as if my head is too heavy. No headaches or other issues. Would a stiff neck or somehow pulled muscle (from sleep?) in this area last over 2 weeks now? Is the sternum(breastbone area) connected to the side of the neck or shoulder all through some main muscle or what!?! Thanks in advance

I want to update my own post in case anyone ever googlea the same problem. My pains were the same for over a week, almost two. It is now 3 weeks and the neck shoulder and upper back are gone. I still have the breastbone/sternum pain but it seems to be less painful. It still is the same drom the start that is hurts after I am waking up, I guess from being in a position too long and now moving it. Hopefully it is all gone soon but still no reason.