A few weeks ago i stretched by pulling my shoulders back and puffing out my chest like i normally do to stretch the muscles in my chest and I heard a loud pop. After, I had intense pain around the middle of my sternum on the right side. It's a constant dull pain but hurts a lot to move my right arm to push my self up or raise it above my head, even looking up to the ceiling makes it hurt a little worse. The weird part about this is it goes away. After a day or less it might disappear for a couple days only to return when I least expect it, either after a stretch or just raising my arms above my head. Also, it hurts the most when i push on it, right after it starts the pain is really bad but it goes down after time and i can feel around with out gritting my teeth or anything. Did i crack a rib or rip a muscle? the pop leads me to believe the former.

bumpidy bump bump?

I too have basically the same problem described except mine started after doing butterflies with some dumbells. It's been going on for a while off and on for me too. It only seems to hurt again when I stretch. Sometimes it will just start hurting when I stretch but other times it's fine, so I too would be interested to see what someone says about this.

I have experienced this same pain, when stretching or a thorough cleaning of the walls and floors or bath tub in a circular motion. The feeling is like I'm having a heart attack but it goes away. For the most part I am trying to find out if this is costochondritis, since a heart attack and blood clots have been ruled out. I'm interested a answer.