i have a 9 week old infant, have been breastfeeding exclusively. my husband and i had sex for the first time since the birth 12 days agoand the condom broke. i toke plan b the next day, had spotting 2 days later. today i felt nauseas and crampy so took a pregnancy test - it was negative. however i'm very nervous i could still be pregnant. is it normal to still feel after affects of plan b a week after taking it? have i messed up my system by taking this while breastfeeding?

if you are breastfeeding exclusively, the chance of you getting pregnant is pretty low. i read that if you exclusively breastfeed, you're pretty safe from getting pregnant 6 months postpartum (unless you got your period). you might have a to wait and take a pregnancy test again later on for accuracy. better yet, go see a doctor.

im also a breastfeeding mother of a 5 month old and have taken a plan b pill earlier on today only to find out from the person at the pharmacy that i wasnt supposed to take it if im breastfeeding! i called the manufacturer and they said there seem to be no adverse effects on the infant. this didnt reassure me so i asked the pediatrician, my obgyn and searched the net. a lot of different answers but mostly they say everything should be okay. milk supply might decrease and some hormones might go to the baby but no one's that sure. %-)

anyway i would also like to know if there are any effects on my growing baby by taking the plan b pill while breastfeeding. im very worried and my baby really hates the bottle but i am not giving him any breastmilk until i am 100% sure it is safe.

Have you found any answers on ur question I'm in the same boat ?

Any answers to your question ?

Good evening, how long did you get your period after taking plan b? My daughter was 5 months old at the time, I pumped and dumped for 2 days and she is not months ebf but I still have not gotten my period. I got it once 8 weeks post partum