Hi there, I still breastfeed. My daughter is 11 months old, and drinks about 500ml of breastmilk everyday. I havent had my periods since I fell pregnant. I started to detox (by drinking epson salts) over the weekend, which is something I have done in the past, and it has never before effected me so badly. I started to vomit and was sick for a day or two thereafter. Just after this mishap, my periods appeared to have started, but lasted only for 1 day. What is the chance that this could be signs of an early pregnancy? Is there anything that I could do to enhance my chances of falling pregnant whilst breastfeeding?

The chances of getting pregnant while you are breastfeeding are low. Your fertility will start to slowly come back when you begin to supplement your baby's feedings with formula or juice, she is 11 months old and able to begin solids.
Until you introduce a supplement into your baby's diet, there is only a 1 to 2% chance of pregnancy.

Thanks so much for your response. My baby only drinks one bottle of breast milk every day. She eats solids about 3 times a day

I did not realize that you were supplementing solids, that's good. A 16 oz.bottle is also good to start you on your way to possibly getting pregnant again. The less you breastfeed, the more your chances of conception will increase. Yay...hopefully there is a brother or a sister in the works. :-D

I did a blood test yesterday, and they said the count of HCG is only 5, so it is either too early, or I'm not pregnant. I have an appointment for a scan on Monday. I will keep you posted. Have a wonderful day!