Is it safe to use indoor tanning beds while breastfeeding...or will it scorch my milk??

Tanning beds are dangerous. It might affect your breastfeeding. Try another alternative if you are really eager to tan your skin.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

"Tanning beds are dangerous. It might affect your breastfeeding."

BLAH BLAH BLAH

Please only post if you know what you're talking about...we all get it...tanning beds are not recommended...burning in natural sun is also bad. Everything in moderation...etc...etc...

Who knows the real answer?!

Will tanning affect the breastmilk or not?

Thank you.

It should not hurt the milk. But it is a proven fact that the UV (ultraviolate) lights will make your nipples super sore if exposed to long.

Well,
I don’t think that this is really a smart idea. I think that indoor tanning might be dangerous for you and for your baby. You have to understand that you have to take good care of your body because everything influences your milk which is essential for your baby. How long have you been breastfeeding? How old is your baby? It think that it would be best for you to wait until you stop breastfeeding and then you will be able to go to have a tan. You have to understand that milk is all the nutrition that your baby will have during this period. I hope that this helped in any way.

Good luck,
Karel