My daughter is 9 months old and I just started my period a few days ago. Considerably lighter for the first one in approx. 1 1/2 yrs. I have been experiencing some nause with this period but no cramps and maybe I was a little tired recently but that can be attributed to anything. Any ideas as to why the pseudo pregancy feelings despite the period. I also failed to mention that I did explusively nurse the baby up until she was about 6 months then I pumped and I nurse her still in the middle of the night, and still nurse her when I'm not working. Any ideas?

This is very coincidental. I too have a nine month old baby and just had my first period after breastfeeding almost exclusively since birth. The babes is now on formula during the day and breast milk for any nighttime feedings (once per night if at all). About a week before my period I started to experience nausea. Once I had my period I had hoped the nausea would pass but it's been three weeks and I still feel awful. I've done a pregnancy test and it was negative. I have also lost my apetite which is making me a little nervous. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I am having similar symptoms. I started feeling nausea about 2 weeks before my period. I took a pregnancy test and it too was negative, so I waited. Well, now I started my period yesterday and I am nausea again. I also have lost my appetite. I usually crave a little something sweet, but I can hardly eat anything. I am still breastfeeding my daughter, she's 12 months old. We are trying to ween her. I feed her less often during the day, but she still breastfeeds at night. Any answers yet??

I am having the same issues. my baby is 6 months old and I am a nursing mother. I have been nauseated since the day my period started which was over a week ago. I figured since my period ended that I would feel better, and I did get my appetite back, but I still have the nausea. I went to the dr. and they did both a blood and urine pregnancy test which both came back negative. I am starting to worry that something is wrong and that I should stop nursing my daughter...any thoughts?

My son is 4 months. I stopped breastfeeding at 7 weeks, and have had 2 periods since, both of which I have morning sickness with but I have a copper IUD. Smells bother me, I'm tired lazy frustrated, and crampy/achy. I am going to take preg test but seeing as I have an IUD and my period, I feel like Im not pregnant