hi,
my son kaan who is five years old and hemi serebral palsi was prescribed kepra two weeks ago. I am worried about that this medicine is suitable for child because our doctor didn' t talk about this matter clearly. I want to talk with somebody who is using this medicine for her or his child. Thanks for your help.

I am on the medication as are many other patients. I'm on it for seizures and have yet to see any side effects or possitive results. The medication is on the lower end in regards to the amount of side effects it has. If you have faith in your doctors knowledge I'm sure he wouldn't put a child on a medication that would harm them. If the doctor made you feeling questionable thne speak to your pharmacist and/or your child's pediatrition about their input about that medication for young children. I hope your child has a positive response.

My 6 year old son has been taking Kepra for almost 3 years now, and I haven't really noticed any side effects. It is a newer drug so there is not a lot of info out there in regards to side effects. However, I have a lot of faith in our neurologist and she is constantly reviewing and studying these newer medications. We live in middle TN and our neurologist is Barbara Olsen I'm sure she would be glad to discuss this with you. Good Luck

My grandaughter has been on kepra for at least 3 years along with felabatol. She takes meds three times a day and is 10 years old,and has been on the felbatol since she was almost three. Lately it seems she gets very angry at times and almost violent and says mean things. Does anyone else see these side effects or is this her personality? We are getting concerned that this will only get worse as she goes into puberty. thanks for any input

My daughter is three and has had seizuures since she was born is kepra a good medicine she is on triliptal to