My mother was prescribed with kepra because of her seizures. I think she is more irritable now. Is it possible because of kepra?
Thanks for replies!

Yes it is possible that your mum is more irritable because of kepra. Some people taking kepra can get serious reactions including irritability, aggression, anger; other feel tired; some even have suicidal thoughts. Your mother should stop taking kepra if she is very easily irritated or even aggressive. But that is not her case to decide, because she is should talk to doctor before quitting on kepra or any other seizure medicine, since stopping a seizure medicine all at once can cause status epilepticus and trust me, you wouldn’t want this.
Wish you and your mum all the best!

Does Kepra cause swelling of joints?

Guest wrote:

Does Kepra cause swelling of joints?

Keppra can cause a lot of side effects but I never came across joint swelling. The closest side effect to joint swelling is muscle pain or weakness. However, you should certainly report this to the doctor who prescribed you the drug, especially if the symptoms started when you started taking the drug.

There are many other diseases and disorders that may cause joint swelling, so you better report this problem to a doctor. The sooner you find out what the underlying problem may be, the better.
Swelling of the joints occur when there’s water accumulation in the soft tissue and beside the swelling you may experience pain as well.

One of the most common causes is reumathoid arthritis, which is an auto-immune disease that affects joints and causing deformity. Other diseases like goat, osteoarthritis, pseudogout, psoriatic arthritis and many many more are likely to cause joints swelling.

You may need to undergo blood testing and even joint x-rays to see what the problem is. Hope everything turns out just fine.

%-) My husband started taking Kepra about a month ago. Recently, he has been extremely aggresive, irritable very tired and just plain miserable and angry. The things he gets angry about make no sense and come from nowhere, one minute, he'll be fine, the next anything can set him off

Thanks for your input