I have big problems with my headaches for over than fifteen years now.
I am 50 years old female. I used several medications for my migraine, and some doctors told me that I will cure my migraines easily if I use them.
But, recently I have heard that there is no right cure for migraine. That news devastated me because my migraine is interfering my normal private life, my business life and my social life in generally.
My friend the other day told me that he has heard something about some new migraine medication called Topomax.
Is this just “one of many” so called cures for migraine or is it something new for real. I started to loose faith I’ll ever be cured.
Do you know anything about this drug and its possible side effects?

You don’t have any reason to loose faith. Those doctors who told you that you’ll be cured for ever –lied to you. There is no cure that can cure you for good because the right cause of migraine is unknown.
This medication you mentioned – Topomax is really something new on market. This medication should not be used in a middle of headache because it is the first medicine for migraine prevention.
If you have frequent migraines, taking TOPOMAX could lead to fewer of them.
Instead of relieving migraine pain after it starts, migraine prevention medicine could help you have fewer migraines.
Many adults who have migraines treat them with migraine pain killers, but many others thought to benefit from medicine for migraine prevention.
One important thing for you to understand is that you should take this medication exactly as prescribed, instead of normal pain killers when you decide when to take them.
Of course it has his side effects, like any other drug. Common side effects are agitation, anxiety and appetite loss.