I think this is a question I should be asking my doctor. I have a metal plate in my leg hooking it to my hip, 4 screws are holding the plate to my bones. I have had this plate since I was 10years old I am 18 now. Im scared that by me having this plate will prevent me from giving birth. I'm not sure how the hip bones open during birth but I think I just need to speak with my doctor. My mother told me I won't be able to carry a baby but if you knew my mama she exaggerates on EVERYTHING.!!!! I hope to have children some day but I fear this plate will ruin my future of having children.

Hi Young,

It should not be a problem.  Worst case, you have to have a caesarian (c-section).

During delivery the head of the fetus actually deforms to squeeze through the birth canal.  If the plate is near the birth canal it may be a problem.  I can't see the surgeon deliberately placing a plate in such a position however.  Not unless it was the only option.

Check with your doctor.

I have a plate in my hip i am now 33 weeks waiting on my doctors to decide on natural or c-section.