Hello, I am a girl who is 16 years old. My grandma fell and injured her hip. I would like to know how dangerous this can be because she is 70 years old. I am sorry to bother you but I really need this answer pretty quick... I know that her bones aren't young so probably this can be dangerous. Or am I wrong?

No you are not wrong. You are absolutely right. You should get her to a doctor for him to see how serious this injury actually is. My grandma injured her hip as well and considerable time had to pass for her to be back on her feet. It seems to me that this type of injury is rather common for the old people.

hi, the most common injury following a fall for elderly persons particularly females is a fracture to the neck of the femur (the long bone in the thigh) The neck ( just below the ball on the top that fits into the socket of the pelvic girdle ) tends to be the weakest section of the bone and when a person falls this tends to be the main point of contact with the floor or sustains most of the force when they twist suddenly. Fractures can occur at various levels of severity, from a hairline crack to a severe displaced break. the most obvious signs are shortening and rotation of the injured leg, with reduced mobility and pain. the treatment depends on the severity of the break but again can range from physio through to surgery to place a pin or plate on the bone. in all cases the emphasis is on regaining independence and mobility through therapy and OT