Hi. I had a C-section. I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. However, some problems have occurred. I got hernia. Is it possible to get hernia following C-section? What are the treatment options?

Hi. Yes, it is possible to develop hernia following C-section. It is called incisional hernia. Incisional hernia occurs at the site of a surgical incision, for example, after caesarian delivery. This is due to excessive muscular effort, or extreme pressure. The best treatment of hernia is herniorrhaphy. It is a surgical closure, or repair of your muscle wall. The recovery time is usually short. I had caesarian delivery too. The rate of serious complications, following C-sections, is very low. However, risk is always involved, and it includes, reactions to meds, problems breathing, bleeding, infections of the bladder or uterus, injury to the urinary tract and injury to your baby. I had hernia during pregnancy. That is a big problem.

My youngest daughter just turned 16 months old and I had a really tough recovery after my C-Section. Both of my children have been C-Sections. My doctor told me last month that I have a Bilateral incisional hernia.. yay :shock:
I haven't had the chance to make sure that it's absolutely a hernia and not just my body being rediculous. How did your doctors find out that you had a hernia? I trust my doctor, but I didn't have the time, money or insurance to get the neccesary tests done that she suggested. I'm not sure what my next step should be. It hasn't really bothered me much lately, and I'm a stay-at-home mom, so "taking it easy" isn't exactly an option for me with two hyperactive kids under school age. Any suggestions?

hi. i am a 31 year old diabetic that had my son via c section at 24 and just had a baby girl 7 months ago. my first c sction was vertical because my son was 10lb12oz. my daughte was 10lb8oz. with my little girl i had massive pitting edema that travelled all the way to my ribs. i could not bend my knees at all. i lost 80 lbs of water within 10 days of delivery. when my doctor opened me up in the OR, he said to the nurses; how am i going to close this? i had a stitch pop about a week after surgery and water poured out of my stomach like a water fountain. i noticed the hernia about a month after i had the c section and i dont think strangulation is a risk because the hole in the muscle is huge and the skin is as thin as tissue paper. i can feel the intestine coils thru the skin. it is so disgusting. :O :'( the size of the hernia feels like approx. 4-5 inches north of my baby area all the way north to my belly button. probably a more accurate discription would be a large grpefruit. i guess really my question would be has anyone else had this from water retention prior to there c section? and can i jog while i am waitng for surgery?

Hi I am 31 and my son is 8 yes old (only child, delivered him via C-Sectiosn). Well tonight, after having to go to urgent care for pain on my lower left, I was diagnosed with an incisional hernia on the left side of my c-section incision. I haven't met with a specialist yet but was wondering if anybody knew is there anything I should or shouldn't be doing while I wait to see the specialist and also if this is something that can interfere with conception.

My Dr just told me not to lift anything heavy. I had a baby 8 weeks ago. I got a inscional hernia two weeks after delivery. I just had my surgery two days ago. They found 2 hernias when they were in there. They had to put a mesh in over my muscles and screw them to my hips. I am surprised that it does not hurt as much I thought it would. Just telling people that are waiting to have this surgery, its not so bad, and Im terrified of pain!! Just do not lift heavy things over 15 pounds he told me!!

What was your outcome from this? Did you have a hernia that needed surgery. I had a c-section too nine years ago. My OB thinks I have a hernia. I was interested in your post because you had delivered a baby long ago through c-section

How did you get your operation so quick? My wife had a c-section 6 months ago. 24hrs after it became apparent that there was a problem. She was told she was being booked in for a scan to investigate and 2 days later sent home without the scan being done due to the consultant saying she was ok and didnt need it. 6 months later and she has a hernia as big as our babys head and stuck on a waiting list with no indication as to when this will be done!

i have hernia after my cesarian too its very painful and uncomfortable .. especially with sudden movements or when i cough or sneeze... luckily my doctor new what it was and im due for surgery next month :)