I am suffering from arthritis. I am taking indomethacin 25 mg twice daily. Now I have serious headaches. I cant move my head almost at all. I am wiling to take something to ease my pain. I would like to take ibuprofen but I dont know can I use indomethacin and ibuprofen together?

Both of those medications are NSAIDS. So it is not recommendable to take those two medications together. It may cause you to have constipation or to vomit. I am sure that you do not want to complicate your situation in that way. It would be better to take something like Cephadyn. It is good medication and you can take it with Indomethacin.

Hello there,

Well, as the poster above me has already mentioned don’t mix these two medications together. You can ask pharmacist for detailed information. Since you are suffering from arthritis I can recommend you something that helps my mother. She is suffering from arthritis as well and most of the time she is using anti-inflammatory medications for her pain. But recently she started to exercise, and this really has helped her to reduce symptoms of arthritis. She is very satisfied and her personal trainer knows that she is suffering from this and he has special program of exercises for her.

I would recommend you to start with exercising to relive the pain symptoms and to use less medications because arthritis is getting worse over time so the sooner you start with this the better. I hope this was helpful.

The presumption is that this person does not exercise. The questions was about a drug interaction not an invitation to write something to make you feel better about yourself.

a perfect response.

Perfect from Guest 8.

I suffer from chronic gout and I'll tell you that a teaspoon of POM cherry juice morning and one night, more if needed, works wonders for R.A. or Gouty Arthritis stiff and achy bones.. I am on indocin 50mg 2x daily. so you can up the dose of indocin but age and diet changes how the medicine is effective..

any long term use of NSAIDS should be accompanied with PPI (proton pump inhibitor) medication to help protect the stomach. This will reduce your chances of getting a gastric bleed or otherwise.

Thats hilarious... thanks for the laugh

How you supposed to exercise if it hurts to walk ? You don't know until you have it. Then you understand the pain level of arthritis it can be crippling. I've wanted to take indomethcin and anything else to ease the pain.

Perhaps for you. But, there is no scientific proof that this works, nor vinegar, nor coconut oil, nor any other fad that is supposed to do this.

Maybe several scientific studies with the same measured result aren't proof enough for you, but if it works then I'm not mad about it.