Hello! Since my mother uses naproxen for her arthritis pain I sometimes take it and use it for my menstrual cramps. Sometime it helps and sometimes it doesn’t. My friend says I should take something stronger or higher dosage of naproxen for my menstrual cramps. She says she takes combination of naproxen and other pain reliever. My mother says I shouldn’t mix naproxen sodium with other pain relievers.

Hi! Your mother is right. Naproxen sodium and other non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) are not used together (especially with Asprin and related drugs) When used together these medicines can interact and cause very serious harmful effects. Maybe you already know that all NSAIDs may increase the risk of gastrointestinal problems as well as heart or circulation problems. When mixed the risk is even more increased and it can lead to stomach bleeding or heart attack. There are many better solutions for your menstrual problems.