Hello! My mother usually takes ibuprofen to treat of all sorts of pain: headache, toothache, menstrual cramps and pain in her back. She also takes it when she has fever and she gives it to our grandmother when her fingers are inflamed and hurt as a result of her arthritis. I say she should be careful with ibuprofen since it can be toxic as all other drugs when taken too much. She actually doesn't know what effects ibuprofen has on her body.

Hi! Ibuprofen is usually used for the treatment of mild to moderate pain, inflammation and fever. It belongs to the group of drugs called non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and it works by reducing hormones which cause inflammation and pain in the body. Of course it should be taken properly and as prescribed. I don't see the reason why it shouldn't be taken for headache, toothache, back pain, arthritis, menstrual cramps, or minor injuries. If your mother feels no side effects and takes it as recommended everything is OK.