Simply put, I have migraine problems. I suffer from occasional headache attacks for almost eight years now. These attacks often occur when Im under a lot of stress and when my period is near. This represents a great problem for me so I have tried several drugs until now. My doctor prescribed me Indomethacin for migraine prevention. Will it help?

Indomethacin works as an anti inflammation medicament. Even though its primary role is dealing with rheumatoid arthritis, it is used for sustaining various sorts of pain, including those caused by migraine. Still, even though it is a strong analgesic, this medicament is not without side effects. One of the major symptoms that occur after a long period of usage is damaged mucus of stomach. Also, women who wants to conceive, pregnant women and women who breastfeed their children must not take this medication.

I'm sitting in bed with a throbbing head ache after taking indomethacin for 3 days. This is day 3 of my head ache. I'm calling my neurologist tomorrow to let her know this was a bust!!!