Hi! My mother is using Celebex for her arthritis and sometimes she uses Ibuprofen too. I told her there is no need to use both drugs. She always says that this combination works the best for her. I told her she should consult her doctor first since she is taking some other medicines too. I don't know hoe she may react on taking celebrex and Ibuprofen together.

Hi! Celebrex and Ibuprofen belong to the same group of drugs called non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and they are similar but there are also some differences between them. It is important to know that it is always dangerous taking more NSAIDs together since the risk of gastrointestinal adverse reactions could be increased. Of course, everything depends on the dose, duration of the treatment and her overall condition. For example, if she has problems with her kidney the risk is increased. The best it to consult her doctor and not take Ibuprofen and Celebrex together.