I have had sever stomach pain and acid taste in my mouth. These symptoms were caused by acute ulcer, as the test has shown. I have to take carafate for 8 weeks. I have started with therapy 10 days ago and already feel much better. Can it prevent development of another ulcer? Can it protect me from acid indigestion harmful effect in the future?

It is not expected that carafate can protect from development of another ulcer. Carafate forms protective coat over existing ulcer and cures it that way. It can not prevent its reoccurrence, and even can not reduce its severity. I was on carafate for 8 weeks, and after that reduced the dose on a half and switched on carafate suspension for 4 weeks more. It was 3 years ago and since than I have had no other stomach problems, but I changed my nutrition.