I am 28 years old, it all started with and infection which was treated

I noticed there was a sensation on my right hand side, i was told was as a result of the continious stooling at the time

It didnt go away, it got worse with pains in my mid rib area, i was rushed to the hospital

Placed on ulcer treated, i did an endoscopy they noticed my oesophagus was inflamed

i didnt an ultra scan, ct scan which all revealed nothing

Its a year now, did another endoscopy it revealed nothing

but i still have pains, heart burn and senstaions sometimes

Please help

What was the doctor's diagnosis when you were treated? Was it acid reflux that caused your esophagus to get burned? Were you on any medications to treat your condition?

Hello

Thanks for your response... I was treated for GERD, i was given Ranitidine, antacids and Motilium

I was better for a while but the pains still persisted in my abdomen, i keep having fever, nausea, sore throat

i have avoided almost everything, i raised my head at bed time

Although with my last endoscopy the doctor didnt see any disorder, i watched him perform the scope

there was nothing, he placed me on fibre diet but it has not improved

i still feel feverish, have pains around my abdomen( right side) , heart burn( worsens with activity), sore throat, fatigue
my anus feels funny somtimes like its wet or sore ( doctors have look at it and they feels its okay)

i dont know my body anymore, i cant tell when i am hungry, or when i am reacting to the drugs
I need help, its affecting every aspect of my life

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

You may want to try psyllium fiber supplement. A recent study shows that psyllium is much more effective than bran in treating irritable bowel syndrome. You said you feel feverish. Do you still have a fever? If you do, you have an infection that needs to be treated. Buy a thermometer and check your body temperature.

Hello

I was placed on the triple therapy last weeks back, my body temperature is okay at the moment..the fever keeps coming, i feel weakand i get tired easily. I get the feverish feeling when i done a great deal of work.

i feel funny when i am in cold environment, maybe where there is an air conditioner..

The doctor placed me on vegetables with one orange everyday, i would ask him about psyllium fiber supplement.

do you think IBS can be cured?

what about the heartburn? could it be as a result of the IBS?

You said your fever comes and goes. Is malaria common in your country?

Yes it is...

i am now on the supplement

thanks

hello

I have been on the supplement for a while now, its been better

still experience pains once in a while with frequent indigestion

is it normal?

please what do i do about the indigestion?

It is not normal to have indigestion. Your pancreas and liver may not have been secreting enough digestive enzymes to properly digest the foods that you eat. Digestive enzyme supplements may help replenish the enzymes that you may be lacking. These enzyme supplements contain pepsin (to digest proteins), amylase (to digest starch), lipase (to digest fats), and ox bile (to emulsify fats). When you take psyllium supplement, you need to drink a lot of water for it to work properly. Your stool should look bulky, soft but solid.

Thanks for your continous response to my post
8-|
You are quite right about the stool, its bulky, soft but solid

should get Digestive Enzyme Supplements? I have been taking lots of water, i would try to make it more regular

I hope the pain goes away soon.thank you once again

Another possibility you should consider is cancer somewhere along the digestive tract. Persistent indigestion, unexplained fever and fatigue are possible signs of cancer. Endoscopy cannot detect all cancers. Most troublesome is cancer of the pancreas, which is incurable.

Hello

i have done an ultra scan and a CT Scan

they both revealed nothing

Thank God

whats your take on the digestive enzymes

Hi there, what's the brand on the digestive enzymes? I don't think that they're very effective but it does depend on what you're planning on taking. What are you looking at?

I am yet to try any

You should try prilosec OTC.

I had an ulcer for a long time and didnt even know it, & the doc put me on it for about a year.
It helped then but now my problems became worse, as I posted in my last post about my severe stomach pains..