Hi. I recently started to suffer from strong pains located in my stomach. Because I drink I lot fist thing that crossed my mind that I could develop peptic ulcer or something similar because my pains were connected with eating.
I contacted my gastrologist immediately and first thing he did is sending me to some blood test to determine if I had some bacteria in stomach called H. Pylori.
The tests came positive. So, what should I do now?
My gastrologist scheduled me for some gastroscopy exam next week and I'm afraid what he could find.
Please tell me why this bacterium is so important and what harm can it cause me?

I'm a medical student and I know a bit about stomach bacterias and Helicobacter pylori- most famous of them.
Helicobacter pylori is a spiral shaped bacterium that lives in the stomach and duodenum-section of intestine just below stomach.
It is the one of not so many bacterias that can live in very acid stomach content.
Gastric juice is composed of digestive enzymes and concentrated hydrochloric acid, which can literally tear apart the toughest food or microorganism.
Because of its spiral shape and the way it moves, H. pylori can penetrate the protective lining of the stomach.
When it penetrates the stomach, excess acid can irritate the stomach and duodenum eventually causing an ulcer.
A peptic ulcer is a mucous damage of the stomach or duodenum, which is the beginning of the small intestine.
H. pylori peptic ulcers are treated with medications that kill the bacteria, reduce stomach acid, and protect the stomach lining.

Well hinkson,H Plyori is a dangerous bacteria which leads to chronic inflammation of the stomach.This bacterium can also be referred as the most prominent cause of ulcer. It can also cause stomach cancer if not timely diagonalized.

I have had the H Plyori bacteria i had constant stomcch pains was always feeling sick and the symptoms were always there no matter what i tried to do. I got put on some antibiotics and that cleared it away for a while i think it has come back again because i'm having the same symptoms. Its hard to get rid off. I had a gastroscopy and they took some biopsy so that will show what its is i have and if the bacteria has returned.