I suffer from arthritis and usally smoke a bowl before bed. I have been doing this for about a year. Lately I have been getting severe nausea in the day. I throw up as much a 2-3 times a day. I also don't have much of an appetite. The only time my stomach dosen't hurt or I can really eat is when I smoke a bowl.

Can the pot develop an ulcer or is the pot helping ease the symptoms?

A little late reply but I recently had a similar experience.

Coming from the ER last night for vomiting blood (probably due to an ulcer), I was wondering the same thing. The doctors from the ER told me that smoking tobacco can indeed irritate ulcers, and cause what you described(and what I had last night)

I asked about marijuana, and no one seemed to know. I also had been "treating" my nausea by smoking a lot of weed, but after a while the weed stopped working entirely and I only seemed to get worse. They prescribed me an acid reducer and a very powerful anti nausea medicine, both of which seem to be helping a lot, I can actually focus on something else other than how terrible my stomach feels. So based off of that I'm taking a good long break from weed... at least until my acid reducer is finished.

I don't think it could cause it, you may just be smoking to much and getting sick from it, me and my friends call it "greening out" it's pretty much just from smoking more than your body wants than getting sick the next morning or couple hours or whatever, i personally think you're greening out, Pot really isn't bad and doesn't do anything to you're body just messes with a part of you're brain you don't even use so it really doesn't even matter. the only thing it would do is lower you're attention span but really no one gives a c**p about that.

This is my understanding of the subject matter at hand. Marijuana smoke does have many chemicals in it that are harmful even though it does have some beneficial ones like THC and CDCs. This smoke will get in the stomach when you burn cannibus (unnavoidable). These harmful chemicals can agitate your stomach and lead to ulcers. As for the nausea, ulcers do lead to the symptoms you have described and Marijuana is still has anti-nausea effects and so will relieve the symptoms. Basically marijuana relieves the symptoms of the ulcer it caused. Do not get discouraged though. If you switch to eating edibles (much better for you surprising i know), or use a vaporizer which actually does not burn the leaf vaporizes the useful chemicals and so the harmful chemicals are never released. It also helps if you switch to just THC wax, hash, or oils.

Sounds like cannabinoid hypermesis syndrome or CHS. Theres many new studys on it, and can read many stories on fourms. I reccommend looking on fourms, although there is alot of bashing and people not saying it is real. Ive experienced it and slowly getting better through quiting cold turkey. thanks and hope I helped! p.s. im pro legalization but some people dont think this exists and are very ignorant.

I have to say You probably developed ulcer from medication from arthritis,I just found I have ulcer from over 10 years of IBPROPHEN,because of arthritis,joint,and spinal problem.. I just discovered pot helps with side affects of ulcers,and Prilosec..had no appetite,no strength, for a month till just 2 days aga someone gave me a lil bud,I figured WHY NOT,I can't feel any worst,well it was THE BEST thing I could have done,can Not wait till I tell my MD. But they are prone to push meds.,not Herbs.Ha

CHS sounds like the marijuana withdrawal symptoms I get when traveling and not being able to medicate myself.

Wow, that was incorrect in so many ways,

Yes, marijuana smoke can cause ulcers. Any smoke can cause ulcers. I've had 2 ulcers and I smoked a lot of weed after my first one. I remember being high and having very rough pains in my abdominal every time, and sure enough an ulcer formed. I've had plenty of doctors tell me this too.

Spot on. Marijuana smoke definitely can cause or make existing ulcers worse.

I first started noticing these exact symptoms about a year ago. I've smoked since a young teenager. Now 32. I've never had anything like this happen and I've smoked a lot of weed for majority of my entire life. What I believe has been the contributing factors for this "cannabinoid hypermesis syndrome or CHS (feeling like absolute death)" extremely increased stress levels with trying to offset the stress by smoking more and more, and this new age super pot with intense levels of THC and hyperbred to be some cross bread alien. Weed has never been so strong and it's in a different way.

The the stomach issues, sweats, anxiety, throwing up yellow bile all started happening when I was traveling a lot this past year. I started to notice it because I couldn't smoke when I was traveling. Let's just say it sucks being on a 747 at 30K throwing up and, sweating, intense anxiety and feeling like your stomach was beginning to eat your entire body.

Took me about 1 week of horrible pains and feeling like c**p and not able to eat when I finally said no more. Completely worthless and un able to focus. I had stopped for about 2 weeks. I returned to normal and everything was all good.

Then the stress piled on again and the smoking followed.

Since then I've fallen right back into the same spot I was and stomach is already bugging me again. Not as bad yet, but I can tell it's going to suck stopping again.

One insanely helpful and somewhat life changing thing I found throughout this is APPLE CIDER VINEGAR. That raw, unfiltered horribly, tasting natural miracle worker! Yes I'm talking about that stuff that makes you want to gag and freak out when you drink it and the smell of it reminds you of Easter eggs. As much as it sucks to drink, this stuff will instantly cure your stomach issues if you take 2 table spoons and shoot it. Or at least it did for me and made me an instant believer. It'll suck for about 10 min but then should balance out your stomach. From what I've read smoking a lot of weed can cause your acid levels to get way to high and not regulate properly. The apple cider vinegar helps reduce the acid in your stomach that's making you want to die.

Anyways that's my story. Weed is definitely addictive and can definitely cause these issues and I think very few really understand what it can do. But there's many other factors that go into it as well related to your lifestyle and habits.

Look up chs it's an intolerance to the cannabinoids causes severe nausea my brother my brother has been diagnosed with it also confused with cystic vomiting

Weed is not addictive ive been smoking since age of 14 I am now 55 I can stop and have no problems your wrong bro

I agree with this assessment. Common sense would be to refrain from using irritating elements while you're trying to heal a part of an organ. Lose Your Health-Lose a Life.

sorry bud you obviously don't know sh*t.. smoking anything can be harmful to your body, weather its weed, meth, cigarettes , etc. smoke is not meant for our bodies to breath.

smoking does increase risk of ulcers, it has been proven and is a fact. look it up.

research don't assume or go by what people say. smoking is and can be harmful depending on the person and amounts consumed

yes smoking anything can contribute to giving you stomach ulcers. i also have had the same problem but much worse. i can never eat unless i smoke and would usually have like a morning sickness everyday and puke up stomach acids for years, over the last couple years every 6 moths or so i will get in an extreme 3 to 6 day sickness and visit the ER every time. everyone reacts to smoke differently, i wouldn't think just a bowl or two before bed could cause something so serious but yet again everyone body does react differently.

Is it good to smoke a little weed when i'm on treatment?