My doctor told me I am in risk group for cervical carcinoma. I think the reason might be HPV. I have appointment with my gynecologist soon, but I need information right now. I was thinking if vitamins might help me to prevent this carcinoma. I think I have heard for it once, so I want to know if that is true.

Effective preventive measures and treatment of human papillomavirus or HPV is the best way to prevent cervical cancer. For now, the best way to prevent is reducing risks for became infected with HPV. Also, some studies have suggested possible protective benefits against cervical cancer from certain vitamins. High blood levels of vitamins E and C have been linked with lower rates of some kind of cancers. Here are off course included and cervical cancers. Benefits of vitamin E for HPV is that dose of this vitamin protects cell membranes and tissues from damage by oxidation. Next, it promotes function of a healthy circulatory system. Although vitamin E is a fat-soluble vitamin, there are no known toxic effects of megadoses, and important is to say that optimal dose is 10 mg for adults. Folic acid and B vitamin prevents birth defects and may also lower the risk for development of dysplasia, or precancerous changes. There is no definitive evidence that taking vitamins can help protect out body of HPV, though eating healthy foods rich in vitamins is the best way approaching for overall good health.