I had problems with stomach acid few times after drinking but now it is not the case. The acid has come up to my throat and it burns everything in its path. It is hurting me. I have tried to ease the symptoms with some baking soda but it didn't help much. I have tums the medicine my father use for his stomach. I could mix them. Can baking soda and tums cause a stomach to explode?

Well, generally, your stomach really can explode with too many baking soda and that cases were reported but it is very rare. You would need to take a great amount of it for that to happen. Maybe you could try with tums now since you have already taken soda, it would not be wise to take soda again.

There have been a number of product liability cases alleging that it can happen. I worked on a llegal team defending such a case a number of years ago. The facts invariably involve the plaintiff eating a tremendous amount of food before the rupture so it is unclear what the actual cause is. However, since the making soda manufacturer is worth billions, juries find liability relatively easily. That having been said, no amount of money would help the poor bastards that suffer a ruptured stomach. Assuming you live (a big assumption), expect months in the hospital over the following year (typically recurring sepsis infections). Really nasty stuff.

My stomach did explode from taking baking soda.Woke up 14 days later strapped to a bed in ICU.

Did you combine anything in particular with the baking soda? I would definitely like to avoid that experience. Glad you are alive!

Nothing but normal everyday type food. Nothing like pickles. We all should know to NEVER combine Baking soda with foods containing Vinegar.
I just had a classic case of indigestion. Not heartburn. It just felt like my food was sitting in my stomach and was not digesting. You know that bloated feeling you have after eating? Well I still had that feeling several hours after eating. So I mixed a tee-spoon of baking soda with about 6 to 8 oz's of water. Drank it right down, like I had done so many times before.
Problem was as I found out later, I had an ulcer. I never had any symptoms of an ulcer. So the ulcer had eaten its way thought my stomach. Just a tiny pin prick type hole. When the baking soda hit my stomach it reacted with the acids inside. My stomach expanded and ripped open.

Hi what where the symptoms of rupture