My father seemed to get serious disease. He complains about pain in the upper abdomen that lasts for a few days already. The pain is severe and it becomes constant, which occurred just in the abdomen. We have noticed his pain gets worse when food is eaten. He looks and feels very sick, so I need any info what could it be. MAybe pancreitis?

According to his symptoms, I could believe his problem is acute pancreatitis. That is an inflammation of the pancreas, which is a large gland behind the stomach and close to the duodenum. Acute pancreatitis occurs suddenly, and lasts for a short period and usually resolves on itself. Chronic pancreatitis does not resolve itself and results in a slow destruction of patient’s pancreas. Both types can cause serious complications, and in severe cases, it could be bleeding, tissue damage, infection, and pseudocysts. Treatment depends on the severity of the attack, which means if no kidney or lung complications occur, acute pancreatitis usually improves on its own. Treatment, in general, is designed to support vital bodily functions and prevent complications, as some of those I already told you. A hospital stay will be necessary so that fluids can be replaced intravenously, depending on your father’s condition. As you can conclude, I would strongly recommend you to take him to the doctor. Any severe abdominal pain is the best to be checked by professional, to avoid any unpleasant consequences.

Does smoking influence pancretitus? My cousin has this and his mom swears the doctor didn't give him a prescription, but I don't buy that. Anyway he hasn't had any medicine since leaving the hospital and now it is worse. She told me that smoking can cause or iritate this is this true?

You seem to know what u r talking about. Recently diagnosed with acute Pancreatitis. I am looking for low to non fat diet menu ideas. Maybe even some recipes that I can make for both me and my boyfriend.

What a low carb diet instead of low fat? I am trying to loose weight.

Also another complication I have is Acid Reflex Disease a very bad case of it. Where would the foods be limited when planning menu for Pancreatitis.

Any ideas or places to look for information would be so helpful