What’s the success rate in treatment of cerebral palsy with acupuncture? Can it be effective in reducing symptoms in children? A friend of mine has a child that was born with cerebral palsy. He is three now. Do you have any information about?

Yes there are evidences of successful acupuncture treatment in children with CP. Very positive improvement has achieved. But more interesting for you would be the fact that more effectiveness in treatment of Cp gives combination of acupuncture, hydrotherapy, deep massage, occupational and physical therapy. More success can be achieved by using combination then conventional therapy alone.

I am someone with CP who has tried the acupuncture treatment.. as a result it didn't really help. I think it depends on when you start the treatment, as well as what kind of CP the patient has.

result of treatment after acupuncture depends on the type of cp the pt have..
alone acupuncture will not be useful in any case of cp..combination of physiotherapy gives better results..

hello doctor my elder brother is suffering from cerebral palsy problem by birth can you tell us an appropriate treatment to get rid from such disease..........

thanking you

Hi there, I was born with CP and when I had acupuncture, where they did a headache point in my hand... I screamed with extreme pain...with inflammation, it can be painful. They also did it on the back of my neck, where I had no pain! it doesn't hurt to try it but Cp is caused by damage to the brain, at birth, either by forceptd or lack of Oxygen .CP effects the part of the barin called the Cerebellum. It cannot be fixed ... the brain is the one organ, in the body that cannot heal itself with major damage!