I would lke to know if reflexology would be helpful for a Bell's Palsy client. I'm a massage therapist with minimal reflexology knowledge. I am intrested in finding the right areas on the foot and/or hand. Has any one had any positive out come with reflexology for Bell's Palsy?

%-) Hi, could you please tell me if you received a reply to your questions about Bells Palsy and Reflexology.

Thank you,
Mona Guterman

As you may have found the info available shows there is no cure for BP. In Reflexology I have found that although there is no cure, there is help with the muscles by working ALL of the toes and spine. Relaxation is the key point here. My clients have been able to improve and regain the control of the facial muscles in about one third to half of the time as they had preiously experience.

Randy Osuna
Thumbwalker Therapy

Hi, apparently it is possible to make a full recovery from Bells Palsy. Like everything...everyone is different and where some partially recover some can fully recover where unfortunately some do not. Luck of the draw?

If you get medical treatment within 24 hours of the first signs of Bell's Palsy, chances are you'll have a full recovery. As a therapeutic reflexologist, I have treated a patient with Bell's Palsy - I concentrated on the circulation, spine, eye and brain reflexes, specifically on the feet. Before the session, the patient's eye lid on the righthand side was totally paralysed. After only one session, the patient was able to move the eye lid! Patient was treated with medication (prescribed by specialist) and four follow up reflexology treatments. Patient had full recovery.

I have bells palsy for the last 6 months and still have swelling in the mouth which is twisted. Would reflexology cure this?How many treatments do l need? Or is accupuncture more effective?