Please tell me what exactly cerebral aneurysm is? Is it neurological or psychiatric disease? I have heard that these words were mentioned in the diagnosis of father from a friend of mine. He was in hospital because of the researches that was done. Is it a kind of brain disease? Please give me few words more about this. Thanks.

Cerebral aneurism is vascular disorder, it means that an artery in brain is weak and causes dilating of the blood vessel. The cause of brain or cerebral aneurysm can be high blood pressure or arthrosclerosis. It can also be the consequence of head trauma. Aneurysm can be surgically treated and the prognosis depends on the general health of affected person. Small aneurysms don’t even produce symptoms, and larger produce symptoms like headaches, nausea, vomiting, and loss of consciousness.