Is there a shingles bells palsy connection? My father has been experiencing symptoms very similar to bells palsy. Actually, his friends "explained" him that, and now he is certain he has that illness. But I am not that assured. He has these blisters in ear and I know that there is something going wrong. How am I going to make him go see a doctor? He is 67 years old and a very stubborn person.

You must take him to a doctor. Bell's palsy is not connected with shingle or blisters. We might be talking about Ramsey Hunt syndrome, which is really similar to BP, but still a different illness – chicken pox. And while BP is not contagious, those blisters might infect someone who had never had CP, and that person will get CP, not blisters or facial paralysis (as in RH syndrome).

I know three people who contracted Shingles in the ear one went to the Dr. three time and was misdiagnosed, she woke up one morning looking like she had a stroke. She was diagnosed at the Hospital with Shingles in the ear and Bells Palsy. All three were not treated right away. All three contracted Bells Palsy with in weeks. Two of them have not recovered fully. They still have one side of there face drooping even though it has been years. The other one has regained some of her muscle control but face is very sensitive.

I am not a Dr. but it seems to me that Shingles can bring on Bell's Palsy.

I had Bells Palsyin March, and Shingles now in October, a scary bout of Vertigo in May, these must be connected.