Hi, my brother is suffering from Bell's palsy for several days. He gets prednisone from his doctor and it makes some improvement. I know that this disorder may last pretty long so I would like to know how soon my brother may expect to recover from it. Thank you very much.

Hi, it is very difficult to say how long recovery of your brother will last. However fact that he reacted on prednisone may be very promising in the way that he won't need much time to recover. Also he may try to take vitamin B which also may improve his condition and shorten recovery period.

I know that this reply is late but hope it may help someone else.

I had Bells' palsy several years ago and had acupuncture completed during the first two weeks. AMAZING difference - I hate needles but I hated Bells palsy even more. After the first treatment, I could blink my eye again. After the second treatment, I had feeling in my face. The only residual effects from the BP is that my eyelid droops when I am very, very tired & only noticeable to me.

my 14 year old daughter go tbell's palsy 26 november 2012. its two months now still not smiling, her left eye still not blinking. the only difference is her eyebrow now can move. but her smile is still the same not smiling :( i asked the doctor about acupuncture he didnt recomment it. but after reading your comment maybe we should consider it. . my heart melts when i see her like that. this is the third time it has happened to her. first on her right side when she was 7 years old and then 7 months later left side and now 7 years later left again. she got a mri brain scan done which is all good no probs, but i am worried about her recovery. she has sensation to her face no numbness but her smile not there and her eye not blinking still. shes a strong girl and is positive