Hi, my very good friend is suffering from bell's palsy for few weeks. It started suddenly and he was very afraid in the beginning. His doctor told him that bell's palsy don't have specific therapy and in the most cases it would passed spontaneously. I would like to know something more about treatment of bell's palsy.

Hi, generally doctor was right when he said that there is not specific treatment but some treatments made results. For example corticosteroids in the early stages will prevent further swelling; also vitamin B also may help. Artificial tears would be useful in treating eyes dryness same as tapes for covering of eyes.

I have had Belle's Palsy for 11 1/2 weeks now. I have spent way too much money on therapies. I have gone through acupuncture, chiropractic manipulations, massage thereapy, steroids, antivirals, and maxio-facial massage. I do not believe any therapy works as you just have to wait for the virus to leave your body. Get plenty of rest, take your vitamins and especially B12. I know it is tough, but there are a lot of us out here in the same boat. We are not in pain and we know we will get better.

Hi Guys. My boyfriend also has BP, not a serious one, but still affecting his face. If it is caused by virus, you have to make your immune system stronger to fight it off. I got B-complex for him and I will buy echinacea today as I read somewhere that it good for this. But I will try to give him Vitamin D3 - 10 000 ui (2tablets) per day (not sure if it is ui is the correct measurement). Barley powder makes your immune system stronger as well. Budwig diet is good but difficult to eat it.
I think the most important thing is to say positive. Keep smiling!!! If people like you they will get used to your new smile until the old comes back. LOL katie

hi, my mom also has bell's palsy. this thing has been going on for 2 months. anyone knw how long she had to take prednisone?

I started Prednisone & Valtrex within 2 hours of the symptoms starting. Six weeks later and I'm still taking Prednisone & Valtrex. The Dr. has adjusted my prednisone doses up and down and then up again and just in the last 2 days, if I strain really hard you can see a momentary twitch in my cheek. I have not been working due to the long drive (45 miles) and I'm having extreme issues with depth perception.