My son is now 3 years old and everything seemed to be fine until recently when his pediatrician recognized a spastic diplegia in my son –it all started about 4 months ago or so he first started having trouble with his upper leg whose muscles were kind of stiffened making him trouble walking and do you think that some physical therapy would help in improving this spastic diplegia condition and what causes this anyway? Thanks!

Being diagnosed with spastic diplegia actually means having one of different forms of cerebral palsy which in general means incapability of movement coordination and the usual cause of spastic diplegia is some damage in child's brain that may occur during birth process itself but also during child's early development. I dislike saying this but I also have a little cousin having spastic diplegia –which precisely means that both legs are affected by this cerebral palsy condition- and I know for sure there is no 100% effective spastic diplegia treatment though his condition could be improved significantly with proper physical therapy and I also know that occupational therapy could give some very positive results for it is focused on development motor skills by specific exercised making learning the patient how to gain the independence.