My father has some unusual problems with her backs. He is 66 years old. It has surprised me because he was always looking strong and I can’t believe how vulnerable he looks. He was diagnosed with cervical cord compression. I would like to know more about the cervical cord compression to explain him why does it hurt.

It is not so unusual. It happens to older people. Sometimes static mechanic factors can result in the reduction of spinal canal diameter and spinal cord decompression. In older people the intervertebral discs can dry out and it can cause the loss in the disc height. Then the discs put great pressure to the vertebrae causing the pain.